Rescue™ is a patented synergistic blend of commonly-used, safe ingredients (including anionic and non-ionic surfactants, chelating agents, and wetting agents), that are combined with low levels of hydrogen peroxide.
We are happy to provide a general description of the main components of Rescue™, all of which are listed on either the EPA lists, or the FDA Generally Regarded as Safe (GRAS) list. The ingredients include:
- Low levels of hydrogen peroxide (the concentrated formula contains 4.25% hydrogen peroxide which is diluted to levels below 0.5%, and the Ready-to-Use formula contains 0.5% hydrogen peroxide)
- Anionic and non-ionic surfactants, which allow Rescue™ to work as a cleaner as well as a disinfectant
- Chelating agents, which help to stabilize the hydrogen peroxide, and protect it from minerals in hard water
- Wetting agents, which reduce the surface tension of the liquid, and allow it to spread across or penetrate the surface of a solid more easily
You may also find these resources useful:
- Rescue Concentrate Product Sheet
- Rescue Ready-to-Use Liquid Product Sheet
- Rescue Wipes Product Sheet
- Blog: AHP, The New Technology in Disinfection
- Blog: What Makes AHP So Different From Other Cleaners?
- Blog: Why Rescue is Deliberately Different
Video: What is AHP®? What are the Ingredients in Rescue™