Rescue™ Disinfectant drums can be recycled, but you must follow the correct protocol for rinsing the barrel first.
- Empty the remaining contents into application equipment or a mix tank.
- Fill the container ¼ full with water. Replace and tighten closures.
- Tip the container on its side and roll it back and forth, ensuring at least one complete revolution, for at least 30 seconds.
- Stand the container on its end and tip it back and forth several times, then empty and dispose the liquid. Repeat this procedure two more times.
Regarding disposal location, we recommend contacting your local municipality to determine where the appropriate disposal location would be, as these laws and regulations differ between states and regions, and they would be able to provide you with the best protocol for recycling the drum.
You may also find these resources useful:
- Rescue Concentrate SDS
- Rescue Ready-to-Use Liquid SDS
- Rescue Wipes SDS
- If you have expired product that needs to be disposed of you may like to view our knowledge base article called, "How should expired product be disposed of?"
- Blog: AHP, The New Technology in Disinfection
- Blog: What Makes AHP So Different From Other Cleaners?
- Blog: Why Rescue is Deliberately Different