Yes, Rescue™ Disinfectants kill Ringworm.
Ringworm can be caused by either the fungus Microsporum canis, or the Trichophyton species. When using Rescue™ Concentrate, we would recommend a 1:16 dilution (8 oz/gallon of water) with a 5-minute contact time. When using the Ready-to-Use Liquid or Wipes, we would recommend a contact time of 1 minute. Contact time is the amount of time the liquid should remain wet on the surface in order to achieve disinfection.
You may also find these resources useful:
- Below are links to a few studies that demonstrate the efficacy of Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide® (the technology that Rescue™ is based on) against Ringworm:
- Guidelines to controlling infectious Folliculitis and Dermatophytosis
- Moriello and Hondzo 2014: Efficacy of disinfectats containing accelerated hydrogen peroxide against conidial arthrospores and isolated infective spores of Microsporum canis and Trichophyton sp.
- Moriello, Kundo alnd Hondzo 2013: Efficacy of 8 Commercial Disinfectants Against Microsporum canis and Trichophyton spp. infective spores on an experimentally contaminated textile
- Moriello 2015: Kennel Disinfectants for Microsporum canis and Trichophyton sp.
- Understand the importance of disinfectants and how they impact your patients and staff: Virox Learning
Video: How to use Rescue Concentrate
Video: How to use Rescue Ready-to-Use Liquid
Video: How to use Rescue Wipes