Yes, Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide® (the technology within Rescue™ Disinfectants) is expected to be effective against Rabies virus.
Rabies is an enveloped virus meaning that it is easy to kill, especially when compared with non-enveloped viruses that are considered difficult to kill, including Canine Adenovirus and Canine Parvovirus, both of which Rescue™ has demonstrated efficacy against.
When using Rescue™ Concentrate for Rabies virus, we recommend a 1:64 dilution (2 oz/gallon of water) with a 5-minute contact time. Contact time is the amount of time surface should remain wet on the surface in order to achieve disinfection.
When using the Rescue™ Ready-to-Use Liquid or Wipes for Rabies virus, we recommend a 1-minute contact time.
You may also find these resources useful:
- Understand the importance of disinfectants and how they impact your patients and staff: Virox Learning
- Rescue Concentrate Claim Sheet
- Rescue Ready-to-Use Liquid Claim Sheet
- Rescue Wipes Claim Sheet
- Cleaning and Disinfection Protocol for Cages and Kennels
- Cleaning and Disinfection Protocol for Exam Rooms
- Keep It Clean Brochure- Infection Control and Biosecurity in Veterinary Medicine
- Guidelines for Standards of Care in Animal Shelters
Video: How to use Rescue Concentrate
Video: How to use Rescue Ready-to-Use Liquid
Video: How to use Rescue Wipes