Yes, Rescue™ can be used effectively on treated hardwood and laminate. We would not recommend using Rescue™ on porous surfaces (such as untreated hardwood).
Rescue™ is designed for use on hard, non-porous surfaces such as treated hardwood, exam tables, stainless steel, and most plastics. If your hardwood floors are untreated (and therefore porous), we would not recommend using Rescue™ as we can’t predict how the surface will react with the chemistry, or if you will be achieving disinfection.
If you do decide to use Rescue™ on your untreated hardwood floors, we would first recommend conducting a spot test to observe if Rescue™ will have any damaging effects on the integrity of the material, before proceeding.
You may also find these resources useful:
Video: Compatibility testing
- Rescue Concentrate Product Sheet
- Rescue Ready-to-Use Liquid Product Sheet
- Rescue Wipes Product Sheet
- Blog: Understanding Your Veterinary Clinic- How to Properly Disinfect Surfaces
- Blog: Spot the Fomites
- Blog: Are You Putting Your Practice in Jeopardy?
- Blog: 3 Reasons Why Bleach May Not be Your Best Option for Use in Veterinary Clinics