You can use Rescue™ on sealed concrete, however we recommend a rinse with water after the contact time has been met.
Rescue™ is designed for use on hard, non-porous surfaces (like treated hardwood, sealed concrete, exam tables, stainless steel, many types of flooring, and most plastics). A porous surface like unsealed concrete may result in pooling of the disinfectant in certain areas, and not allowing other areas to be disinfected properly.
Because of the nature of concrete, as well as in order to help combat pooling of the disinfectant, we recommend a rinse with water after the contact time has been met.
You may also find these resources useful:
Video: Compatibility Testing
- Rescue Concentrate Product Sheet
- Rescue Ready-to-Use Liquid Product Sheet
- Rescue Wipes Product Sheet
- Blog: Understanding Your Veterinary Clinic- How to Properly Disinfect Surfaces
- Blog: Spot the Fomites
- Blog: Are You Putting Your Practice in Jeopardy?
- Blog: 3 Reasons Why Bleach May Not be Your Best Option for Use in Veterinary Clinics